Combine all your ferrets into the magnificent Gotron on the latest episode of Rick and Morty!
Show Notes – S5E7: Gotron Jerrysis Rickvangelion
Semi Pertinent News
- Summer Meets God (Rick Meets Evil)
- Reddit Post of the Week
- Dan Harmon Social Media Minute
Main Thang – Gotron Jerrysis Rickvangelion
Broh-nopsis: Check these ferrets broh. Gotta keep it in the family though.
Our Synopsis: As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a Gotron fella
- Title Reference: A little Voltron, a little Neon Genesis Evangelion.
- Throwbacks to some classic anime tropes
- Mob Family/Gangster Films
- The voice overs
- Family is hugely important in those films…
- The rise of the family montages
- Specific Movie parallels
- Those voiceovers for starters
- The hangout on the abandoned planet
- Rick’s ability to take things too far
- Looking at you vat of acid
- Morty has a level of trust with Rick where Morty reminds him to tone it down, but Summer blows that up
- Summer likes being closer to Rick, but Morty knows it won’t end well
- Best/Worst Parts
- The GoTron animations
- The return of the incest baby
- How does this change thoughts on ep 4?
- Can we move on now?
- Is this the price fans pay when they ask for serialized content?
- The post credits scene
- Favorite Bits
- “Summer Camp” nickname
- All the spots where the GoTron Ferrets emerged (but mostly the parking garage)
- The montage music (A bit of pasta with some anime combined…)
- Little Ricky Wrap it Up and Yo-Yo Rick
- The random sounds the Anime GoTron characters make
- Jerry thinking “I brought you into this world, I can take you out” is legally binding
- Rick’s Rick gun (BangBangBang)
- YouTube Comment
- coeus1469 commented: “We should play a game: Mute Brandon while he’s doing the main thing transition song – best guess for what he is experiencing wins. It’s the eyes behind the glasses that reveal all :).”
Unity, you are the reason we keep going! Here is a shout-out to you taking the time to follow us, listen and watch us on all our social media platforms. You are the cream of the crop, the best of the best, and the King of Fighters 98! Thank you for everything
TeePublic! – www.apatheticenthusiasm.com/shop