It’s a heartfelt episode of Rick and Morty with A Rickconvenient Mort. Did the writing play with our feels or were we just trying to survive the apocalypse?
Show Notes – S5E3: A Rickconvenient Mort
Semi Pertinent News
- Butter Robot Update with Jacob Hanchar
- Reddit Post of the Week
- Dan Harmon Social Media Minute
- Realistic Rick Sculpture is Magic
Main Thang – A Rickconvenient Mort
- Air Date: 7/4/2021
- Written by: Rob Schrab
- Directed by: Juan Meza-Leon
- Guest Stars: Alison Brie, Steve Buscemi, Jennifer Coolidge
Broh-nopsis: Reduce Reuse, broh. Might be too late.
Our Synopsis: Love the Planet, even if love sucks sometimes.
- Title Reference: When we’re talking about environmental issues, who doesn’t think about Al Gore in the 2006 documentary, An Inconvenient Truth?
- The Planetina Relationship
- Morty Breaking someone’s heart
- The Denial of Love with the 3 Apocalypse Binge-fest
- Rick’s Relationship with Daphne
- The Planetina Relationship
- Earth Conservation & Eco Terrorism
- What does this episode say about environmental consciousness?
- That Rick and Summer Relationship
- They mutual desire to go blow of steam with a three planet bender
- Sum-sum’s apocalypse stopping move just to break up Rick’s relationship (pretty Rick of her)
- Morty Being underrated and how he can hold his own
- The way Beth looks down on him
- His ability to take on all of the Tina Teers
- How far will they take the growth of Morty as a character in the series?
- Have we lost the S1, stupid Morty completely?
- Jesus, that ending. Too much? Is that the first time we’ve really felt for Morty like that?
- Does Beth’s reaction at the end redeem her actions throughout the episode?
- Are her actions in the episode intrinsically bad?
- There is a lot of reality baked into this parental relationship with teens… oof
- Favorite Bits
- Elbow titties
- Blurred out a$$ eating (interestingly not blurred in the Uncensored version)
- Rick and Morty Summer Pu$$y Pounders
- Don’t Punch my Lunch
- Summer with a joint in her nose
- The door handle/unlocking gag
- “Your problem” vocal mixup
- The way the Morty Flower bouquet changes over the relationship
- That crayon animated transition (The Song ‘Flowers’ was released on Spotify today)
- $50 Funkos at the convention
- Murder Pie (Morty’s Delivery hat)
- “I am an individual Character. I represent no group.”
- Klovar Murray- “Don’t Punch My Lunch” is season Five’s “DOWN-Beat”. you remember DOWN-Beat from season 4? it’s the family tabletop game. i fully anticipate “Don’t Punch My Lunch to make at least another three appearances in season five, and 1 family game each season forever https://twitter.com/Klovar/status/1411927939646582790
- Twitch Follows
- YouTube Subs
- Saturnsatan – “I started super late and only heard a few episodes but its so good” (five stars)
- L41lux – Funny guys, knowledgeable analysis and breakdown of R&M. (Five stars)(Canada)
Unity, you are the reason we keep going! Here is a shout-out to you taking the time to follow us, listen and watch us on all our social media platforms. You are the cream of the crop, the best of the best, and the King of Fighters 98! Thank you for everything
TeePublic! – www.apatheticenthusiasm.com/shop