3. Add half of the dry mixture into the pot with your water and oil. Whisk for 5 seconds to incorporate, then add the second half of the dry mixture into the pot.
4. Whisk continuously on medium heat until the mixture is smooth and lump free, about 15–30 seconds.
5. Once the mixture becomes slightly thicker, switch to using a wooden spoon or silicone spatula to continue to stir and knead it. Keep stirring to avoid burning the dough. Be patient. The mix will take around 2–3 minutes of constant stirring and kneading until it takes on a play dough-like consistency.
6. Once you have a thick, doughy consistency, remove the dough from the pot and place it onto a clean surface.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes, then knead the dough for 1 minute.
8. Split into 4–6 equal pieces.
9. Add your coloring and essential oils to one piece at a time, then knead until fully incorporated. Repeat with different colors and oils in the other sections of dough. Wear gloves during this step to avoid staining your hands.
10. Bring on the fun!
YL tip: Let your children help with the steps that are appropriate for their age. This will make the DIY activity feel even more special and fun.